Find a workshop (for US teachers only, grades K-5)
We welcome elementary school teachers to sign up for a free, high-quality professional development workshop from an experienced computer science facilitator. The workshop will provide an intro to computer science, pedagogy, overview of the online curriculum, teacher dashboard, and strategies for teaching “unplugged” classroom activities. Workshops last 6-7 hours and will prepare you to teach the Code Studio courses for grades K-5. See what else you'll get from attending a workshop.
No workshop in your area? Find a K-5 Affiliate near you or consider completing one of our online self-paced courses on your own.
What you’ll get from this workshop (at no cost to you)
- in-person instruction from an experienced computer science facilitator
- an intro to computer science and pedagogy
- an overview of the online curriculum and teacher dashboard
- a printed curriculum guide containing course lesson plans
- strategies for teaching “unplugged” classroom activities
- classroom supplies for the unplugged activities
- a certificate of completion
- a bag of Code.org swag
Can't find a workshop near you?
Sign up to hear when workshops near you are announced.
Become a K-5 Affiliate- for your district or region
Code.org is interested in partnering with local school districts and experienced computer science educators to host K-5 workshops.