Translating the Star Wars: Building a Galaxy with Code tutorial
Translations for the tutorial progression are done on Crowdin and translations for the video captions are done on Amara. They are both free to join and any volunteer can immediately start translating on either platform.
Getting set up
Click here to create an Amara account.
Click here to join our Code.org project on Crowdin.
Translating the tutorial progression
When you click on the following links you will first be asked to select your language.
- Tutorial title
- Tutorial description
- Blocks, instructions, and callout bubbles
- Strings about Star Wars on Code.org
- Video titles
Video notes - These notes are basically a copy of the video captions. They are shown on the second tab, side by side screenshots of the video. These are intended for slow internet users. Since it is very close to the captions, I suggest completing the translation for the caption on Amara and then reusing those translations here.
Translating the video captions
- To use Amara, first click on a video link below.
- On the left, you'll see a list of languages. If you don't see your language listed, click "Add a new language". A language with a yellow dot means it's been started but incomplete; please go ahead and complete the translation. A language with a green dot means it's been completed and published.
- When you begin you'll see the English track on the left and you can enter your translations on the right. Feel free to edit the timing if necessary. When complete, click the Publish button in the top right.
- The links for the videos are below: